The battery is an auxiliary power source for the construction machinery. During the running, the engine supplies power to the electrical equipment and charges the battery. The battery provides starting current when the construction machine starts. The following points point to the construction machinery battery maintenance tips:
1. Maintain a certain level of electrolyte level by Shanghai Saferlifts Machinery Co.,ltd
According to the requirements of use, the electrolyte liquid level should be 10 to 15 mm higher than the electrode plate. When inspecting, first use a glass tube with an inner diameter of 4 to 6 mm and a length of about 150 mm, and insert it vertically into the liquid addition port until it contacts the edge of the electrode plate, and then use the index finger to press the height of the electrolyte in the glass tube to be the electrolyte level in the battery. Above the height of the plate. After the measurement, the electrolyte in the glass tube is returned. If the liquid level is not enough, the distilled water should be added in time. Do not add spring water, river water, and tap water, or add dilute sulfuric acid. Otherwise, the electrolyte density will increase and the damage will be extremely bad. board. It should also be noted that distilled water should be added when the battery is in a state of charge to ensure that the electrolyte is more evenly mixed; the liquid level should not be too high to prevent electrolyte overflow during charging and discharging.
Second, timely remove the yellow-white paste on the shell cover
The yellow-white paste on the battery cover is the result of electrochemical corrosion of the electrode post due to the sulfuric acid solution splashing around the battery cover and the pole. The white substance is lead sulfate and the yellow substance is iron sulfate, which is highly corrosive and has a large electrical resistance. If it is in contact with the wire, a large contact resistance will be formed, resulting in poor electrical conductivity.
For this reason, it is often necessary to clean the battery casing and the electrolyte splashed from the casing cover with alkali water or cotton yarn soaked with 10% soda or 10% ammonia solution, so that the surface is often neutral. If there is oxide in the gap between the pole and the wire joint, it can be scraped off with a tool.
Third, regular recharge
Under normal circumstances, the discharged battery should be charged within 24h; for the battery on the stop machine (or large equipment not used temporarily), it must be recharged once a month; the battery used should be every two Removed once a month for 1 charge and maintenance of the construction machinery battery.
Fourth, regularly check the density of the electrolyte
The electrolyte density must be adapted to the region and season. According to practical experience, in most parts of China (except the severe cold area), the relative density of the newly charged battery electrolyte can reach 1.20~1.25g/m3 before and after the summer. When the used battery is recharged, the relative density of the electrolyte should be maintained. It is between 1.15 and 1.18 g/m3. The relative density of the electrolyte in autumn should be gradually increased from 1.18g/m3 to 1.25g/m3, and adjusted to 1.285g/m3 in winter. Distilled water is gradually added during the Spring Festival to reduce the relative density and adjust with the seasons. Electrolyte density, maintenance of engineering machinery battery.
5. How to maintain the construction machinery battery in winter
1. Always keep the battery fully charged. In order to prevent the relative density of the electrolyte from decreasing, it freezes, preventing the casing from being broken, the plate bending and the active material falling off.
2. The relative density of the electrolyte should be reduced as much as possible without freezing.
3. Check the liquid level of the battery electrolyte before leaving the car or before work, and add distilled water if necessary. The addition of distilled water to the battery can only be carried out under a fully charged state, allowing the distilled water to be mixed with the electrolyte faster to reduce the possibility of freezing of the distilled water.
4. Due to the decrease of battery capacity in winter, the engine should be preheated before cold start. The starting time of the starting motor should not exceed 5s, and the starting interval should be no less than 15s.
5. When the vehicle is parked for a long time, the battery should be insulated.
6. Always clean the battery to indicate debris and keep the battery surface clean.
7. Always check the electrode holder of the battery for looseness. If it is loose, it should be tightened in time.
More information of Shanghai Saferlifts Machinery Co.,ltd .pls visit: www.saferlifts.com phone: 86 18149721228 (whatsapp) Tell:021 51043313
Pre：Improvement of Hydraulic Circuit of Forklift Gantry
Next：The heat is approaching, the forklift must also prevent "heatstroke"